The Blizzard - The Football Quarterly
EPUB EBook by Jonathan Wilson
EBook DescriptionThe Blizzard is a quarterly football publication, put together by a cooperative of journalists and authors, its main aim to provide a platform for top- EPUBclass writers from across the globe to enjoy the space and the freedom to write what they like about the football stories that matter to them. The Blizzard - The Football Quarterly EPUB EBook
Issue Nine contains 21 articles in 11 different sections:
* The Vacant Lot, by Gwendolyn Oxenham—The search for a kickabout in Iran is complicated by religion and gender politics
* Conflict Management, by Noah Davis—Dan Gaspar is a key part of Iran's qualifying campaign for Brazil 2014 despite holding a US passport
* Zbigniew Boniek, by Maciej Iwanski—The Polish great discusses Juventus, the modern game and his friendship with Michel Platini
For the Good of the Game
* The Only Way is Ethics, by Philippe Auclair- Fifa's super-cop Michael J Garcia explains his mission to wash the corruption out of football
* Power Play, by James Corbett—The Asian Football Confederation's presidential elections highlight football's murky governance
* Genesis, by Davidde Corran—How a tournament in China in 1988 changed women's football forever
* The Weight of the Armband, by Joel Richards—The Argentina coach Alejandro Sabella explains why he made Lionel Messi national captain
* Pep's Four Golden Rules, by Simon Kuper—How Guardiola made Barcelona the masters of the pressing game
* Taking the Initiative, by Nick Ames—Andy Roxburgh, the former Uefa technical director, on how football tactics are changing
* City and the City, by David Conn—What does Sheikh Mansour's investment mean for the city of Manchester?
* Meanwhile Back in Sunderland, by Jon Spurling—How a Tyne Tees documentary on Cup final day 1973 captured the spirit of the town
* That Grandish Pile of Swank, by Anthony Clavane—Tracing Leeds United's place in the tradition of Northern Realism
* The Jersey That Wasn't Black, by Igor Rabiner—Lev Yashin's widow and Eusé download; bio remember the great Soviet goalkeeper
* Partisans and Purists, by Charlie Robinson—Do fans experience football differently to those who watch without a vested interest?
* The Lager of Life, by Tim Vickery—Football is haunted by violence, but can it be blamed for it?
* The Nearly Men, by Ian Hawkey—Zimbabwe's nostalgia for the Dream Team of Bruce Grobbelaar and the Ndlovu brothers
* The Grand Griguol, by Dan Colasimone—How El Viejo defied accusations of boringness to inspire the golden age of Ferro Carril Oeste
* A Dream Denied, by Antonis Oikonomidis—But for the politics of Greek football, Ferenc Puskás might have ended up in Athens not Madrid
* In Search of Punditaria, by Scott Oliver—An anthropologist heads into the jungle to discover a society founded by stranded football journalists
* Bari 4 Internazionale 1, Rory Smith—Serie A, Stadio San Nicola, Bari, 6 January 1996
Eight Bel Like this book? Read online this: The Blizzard - The Football Quarterly, The Blizzard.
- OpenLibrary The Blizzard - The Football Quarterly EPUB download
- The Blizzard - The Football Quarterly
- Download EPUB online ebook The Blizzard - The Football Quarterly