EPUB EBook by Erik Spiekermann
EBook DescriptionFontBook is the largest type reference in the world. FontBook EPUB EBook Since 1991, “the big yellow book” has been the trusted friend of designers, typographers, advertisers, manufacturers, publishers, historians, and anyone else who uses type.
FontBook from FSI FontShop International
For almost 10 years now, FSI FontShop International have published their typeface compendium, well- EPUBknown in the trade under the name FontBook. The 1500 page edition features 24,500 typeface samples from 65 type foundries. It also includes more than 64,000 references of foundries, font names and font styles, formats, similarities, date of design and availability.
Some features of FontBook
* 24,500 type samples
* 4,850 font packages and families
* 64,000 typographical footnotes and cross-references
* 65 type foundries
* all type samples in one volume
* sorted by style category into nine chapters
* lists platform availability
* refers to other typefaces in the FontBook which have similar characteristics
* designer's name and year of publication; download; historical references
* clear font display, comprehensible icons, footnotes with extra information
* tabulators for easy access to the individual chapters
* non-latin section with information about encodings and installation in 3 languages
* editorial chapter with typographical tips, tricks, trends and examples of application in 3 languages
* comprehensive selection of foreign language fonts and utilities
* all introductory texts in English, French and German
* Pi & Symbols section with enlarged font showings
* bound in hardcover
* separate 160 page FontFinder showing all the fonts in alphabetical order
* FontBook measures 11.75" x 6.5" x 2.125" and weighs approx. 6lbs.
FSI FontShop International is the only company having monitored and evaluated the world-wide growing market of digitized typefaces consistently and the results are summarized in this reference book. The FontBook editors have selected typefaces according to visual criteria and marketability. Only original fonts are listed, no cloned or copied typeface designs. New vendors in the FontBook include Thirstype, House Industries, Garage Fonts, 2Rebels etc.
The alphabetical section is now structured according to font styles: Sans, Serif, Slab, Script, Display, Blackletter, Non-Latin/Accented and Pi & Symbols. The Non-Latin/Accented section is sorted first of all according to languages/encodings, in alphabetical order within these categories.
Another section deals exclusively with the experimental typefaces of FUSE publications which have been released by FSI FontShop International since 1991.
Entertainment is guaranteed by the new chapter "Holy Type". It contains font hitparades, typographical world records, tips and trends as well as an interview with Adrian Frutiger and background information about barcodes and multi-user licensing. Additionally, the essay "Trivial Typography" examines the growing popularity of industrial typefaces in graphic design.
Each FontBook comes with a 160 page FontFinder, a separate brochure which lists all FontBook typefaces in one-line showings in alphabetical order. It is the perfect tool for users who know the font name and want to find the FontBook section in which this font will be shown. Experienced users will appreciate the FontFinder as a quick reference guide. Like this book? Read online this: Pourquoi... les chiens font-ils pipi sur les poteaux? (Pourquoi... #1), Understanding Social Exclusion.
- OpenLibrary FontBook EPUB download
- FontBook online - HTTP-links to EPUB-ebook