Counselor's Guide to the Brain and Its Disorders
EPUB EBook by Edward T. Welch
EBook DescriptionHere is why I am glad I read the book:
1. Counselor's Guide to the Brain and Its Disorders EPUB EBook It had a good discussion on how the material and immaterial part of human beings interrelate. This was the best part of the book (chapters 1- EPUB5 were certainly the most helpful in sorting through this difficult topic).
2. It was very helpful for me to read through specific diseases and realize the tricky symptoms they can produce.
Here is why I would caution you regarding this book:
1. It is old and therefore out of date on some of the discussions I am sure.
2. It is out of print and therefore expensive (It was given to me).
3. The biblical model that he carefully works through in chapters 1-5 seems to go by the wayside at times throughout the specific detailing of "conditions." There is a good and healthy warning against the medical model, but then repeatedly he will mention that specific symptoms almost assuredly are not reflective of an organic issue and yet he leaves the door open and even commends the use of drugs in some of those cases (see for example p. 215, 216, 218, 237, 242, 257, 281).
4. This is a picky thing, but the headings are terribly laid out. I am a highlighter and if you change your format within each chapter for headings you are confusing me and I am not inclined to like your formatting! Like this book? Read online this: Writing For A Specific Purpose, A Parent's Guide to Eating Disorders and Obesity.
- OpenLibrary Counselor's Guide to the Brain and Its Disorders EPUB download
- Counselor's Guide to the Brain and Its Disorders
- Interesting Counselor's Guide to the Brain and Its Disorders online book EPUB format